Sunday, March 27, 2011

Where Are You Going My Little One?


There's a sweet & sentimental old song, written many years ago by Malvina Reynolds. It's called "Turn Around". Here are the lyrics:

Where are you going, my little one, little one,
Where are you going, my baby, my own?
Turn around and you're two,
Turn around and you're four,
Turn around and you're a young girl going out of my door.
Turn around, turn around,
Turn around and you're a young girl going out of my door.

Where are you going, my little one, little one,
Little dirndls and petticoats, where have you gone?
Turn around and you're tiny,
Turn around and you're grown,
Turn around and you're a young wife with babes of your own.
Turn around, turn around,
Turn around and you're a young wife with babes of your own.

I've been very emotional during these past few days. Watching my sweet daughter become a bride can do that to a Mom... but we are so proud of her, and excited for the new adventures she'll enjoy in the coming years. She worked so hard to have a perfect wedding day, and I think it was pretty perfect. They're off on their honeymoon, and Bruce and I are enjoying a few days with family here in Utah. I created a slide show for her wedding luncheon, using dozens of photos of her and Jon that I scanned. I thought it might be fun to create a layout using a few of my favorites of Amy.


2 comments:

Chow said...

I LOVE that song! The little girls I teach ballet to danced to that a few years ago. It was a tear-jerker!

Nicole LeBlanc said...

Congratulations! She is a beautiful bride!

Related Posts with Thumbnails