Friday, July 11, 2014

Thirty Six Years and Counting


2014

As I mentioned in my last post here, Tuesday July 8 was our 36th wedding anniversary.  Every year since the beginning of our marriage, I've made something for Bruce as an anniversary present. The first year I made a cute shadow box. The second year, a counted cross stitch I designed. And so forth. (To be honest, I can't remember most of the gifts, I must be getting old!)  One of my favorites was for our 27th anniversary in 2005, when I made a little album of photos of just the two of us, one for every year of our marriage. Two years later, in 2007, I made the first digital layout celebrating another year together. Since that time, I've mostly made layouts- celebrating everything from our wedding day, to a year's worth of memories in photographs. Last year I did something different- I designed a cute little illustration of Bruce and me, sent it off to Spoonflower, the custom fabric printer, and they returned yardage to me which I then had sewn into a pillow by my friend Colleen Wiest. (She did an awesome job!)  This year, I thought I would be more subtle by writing 36 little memories on my layout. (Layout above). Nothing earth shattering, just some little thoughts and memory jogs about our 36 years together. I snapped the photo of our holding hands last Sunday at church, and the background photo was taken last weekend in Fall River, MA when we went to lunch with our friends, the Archibalds.  So, working backwards, below, you can see the layouts and projects I created for my sweetie for the past few years of digital design. I hope you like them! 


2013

2012

2011

2010


2009

2008

2007

1 comment:

Margie H said...

LOVE all the pages you did for your anniversary <3 Happy Anniversary btw! That pillow is wonderful - will have to check that place!

Related Posts with Thumbnails